Friday, August 7, 2009

No matter how the wind blows, the mountain cannot bow to it"



The day was full of topsy-turvy events. Just this morning, I wasn't able to attend the First Friday Mass and the launching of the Buwan ng Wika because the auditorium was too crowded. I asked Paul to take a picture of the dance so I can submit for Journalism in case we need to. We had a quiz on Journalism about Cory Aquino. We also had the priviledge to express our tribute for her when our teaches asked us to write a feature story pertaining to the things she had accomplished for the country. The truth is, some of my ideas were sort of copied from my essay in English. After that, we had a free time because III-Berzeilus attended Comsci 3. We have the same time of that subject with them and I guess it was their turn for the Friday sched. MAPEH class was a total blow for us. Sermons took place. Luckily, i didn't hear the reat of those because we were called to settle a problem regarding our Friday sched. I don't want to tell you this yarn because there were a lot of names involved. After that, we had a terrific discussion in Social Studies. Our teacher was an eye-opener for us students. She discussed that the significant person who has just died recently was praised with words not appropriate for her. Her deeds have been overmeasured. The description of her regime, exaggerated and as well her personality. Wow. She owns ABS-CBN at her regime pala... The wise words of our teacher that struck me most were "The media can manipulate us. No matter how dirty a person is, they try to smother him/her with all these perfumes that make him/her appealing to the public. Kaya kayo mga bata, sanayin niyong magbasa at mag-isip tungkol dun para balang araw, marunong kayo mag-criticize/ makita ang katotohanan sa likod ng mga bagay-bagay." It struck me because I was an editorial writer and I have to be precise in giving my opinions. Just awhile ago, I was giving these labels to the said person we were tackling, the labels which our teacher was referring too. Too ironical... Ouch. Remembering I wrote these praises despite the falsehood it hides.
Contemplating upon this, we headed for the Sound Experience studio to practice. I felt kinda sad when I learned that one of our band members would not be coming. I understood her for the day was too tiring. I felt more dissappointed when one of my band members proposed we should get another singer. It is because she said that no one in our band could fit into the song. Ouch again. I felt that she was referring to me, who was the vocalist all along... I kinda did the voice Katy Perry has because my throat has a scar already. I also thought that maybe I don't have a good voice. Awww, so much for the piano vocalization stuff....
I rode the jeep for the second time. It was fun because the jeep carried a maximum of 6 passengers all the way through MCU. Hahahaha. I took pictures and I tried to read The Tales of the Grimm Brothers. It took me 30 minutes before going home. I still pondered about the things that happened today, that I have to make my stand with or against the icon and whether I would be discouraged to sing again... :( But let me tell you this, despite of these problems, I would continue doing my best in everything I can for God and my parents who expect much from me...

1 comment:

  1. I thought your blog was an interesting and eventful day with many challenges.....however you need to state the "Source of Information" when it was utilise from another author.....so your blog subject should have read as follows..."No matter how the wind blows, the mountain cannot bow to it, Mulan (1998)"....

    ReplyDelete